cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Line status

goranr
Level 1
Level 1

Can I get answer why the line on unregistered phone is still active? In older version of CCM, line could not receive call when the phone is unregistered? What is the purpose new changed approach?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

exactly what are you trying to do??

if a line is binded to a device, the device needs to be active and registered for the line to work.

if you need a line without the need of a device configure a CTI RP

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

If the line is active, even if the phone is unregistered, I will be routed to that line. It is a problem. When the phone and corespondig line is on remote site, I will stil have to configure fild under line "Unregistered internal" (with CSS)and "Unregistered external" (with CSS)and it will be OK only for one location.

Stil, I can not use abbriviated diling form HQ(4 digit preserved srst), because that 4 digit pattern will never be matched for particular phone.

How can I make line inactive when the phone is unregistered?

you already asked this some days ago

you cannot, if the line is configured it's in the DB; if it's in the DB it's in the routing table; if it's in the routing table it's available for digit analysis

on versions without CFUR it simply returned fast busy or was FW to something if it had CFA before it got unregistered.

versions with CFUR will follow that behavior when phone is unregistered

no other options

HTH

java

HTH

java

OK,

But is it helpful?

When I have 3 locations and one is down (in srst). All users, from both locations should go through the same CSS (CFUR or CFA) of unregistered phone, and call will be routed through same gateway, no mater on which active site is caller?

Am I right, or I am missing something?