Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone relocation reports from CER

scottg0076
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our company has been tasked with producing a monthly report that shows all phones that have moved to new locations and their associated ERL, we need to provide both the old and ERL information.  We have been working with TAC and so far the only way we have been able to obtain this data is to parse it out from the phone tracking logs.  However, there is no way to automate the export of these logs.  TAC suggested I reach out here to see if there's anything we could set up through the CER API.  Any help is appreciated.

We are on CUCM 12.0.1.22900-11 & CER 12.0.1.10000-4, and we are tracking phones by IP subnet.

Thanks!

Scott

16 Replies 16

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use the /switchport/info from CER API:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/cer/documents/api-reference/#!cisco-emergency-responder-cer-api-documentation/-switchport-info

This would be relatively easy to do.  I've built programs to pull data from CER with Python, but this can be done with any programming language.  You just run your program at desired day and it would compare the last results and provide the delta you are looking for.

Thank you Chris!

I have a couple questions...first, since we are tracking on IP Subnet and not switchport, I assume we would be able to use the ipsubnet/info API?

Also, regarding the account used for access...  We had been trying to accomplish obtaining this data by pulling the phone tracking logs from the CLI, and we created a separate account with privilege level 0, which worked fine for just pulling the logs to an external server.  Would this work for the API, or would we need to create an account with higher level privilege?  Looks like this is a read-only operation, but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks for your help,
Scott

Correct, there is ipsubnet/info API that can be used.

The CLI users are completely different from Applications users which would be required for the API authentication, does not look like the API documentation specifics required, but based on defined ROLES in CER I would think you need to make the user part of the Emergency Responder System Admin Group:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/11_0/english/administration/guide/CER0_BK_C50B9FF0_00_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide-1101/CER0_BK_C50B9FF0_00_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide_chapter_0100.html#CER...

Thanks, we are having some issues, we keep getting a 404 page not found or 406 errors when attempting to access the API. I have set up an application user account and added to the Emergency Responder System Admin Group. I verified I can log in to the Web Interface with the user account. Is there anything else we may need to change in CER to allow the API to work?

I can send a screen shot of the error if needed...

Thanks,
Scott

To eliminate user permissions issues are you able to authenticate using the master CER application account?

Thanks - We just tried using the master application account and got the same error...

So, when you browse to this for example:

http://{CER-IP}/cerappservices/export/switchport/info

Are you prompted for username and password? After entering it what do you get?

Browsing to that url I get a screen that says "HTTP Status 404 - Not Found", it doesn't prompt me for a username/password

What do you get for this:

http://{CER-IP}/cerappservices/export/authenticate/status

yeah, get the same error for that one as well...

Hi Chris, just wanted to follow up to see if you had any other suggestions on what we can try or check to see if we can get the API working.  

Thanks,

Scott

Have you tried connecting from another machine and/or another web browser?  The URL should return something in XML format as documented in the reference guide.  

Yes, I have tried from Chrome, IE, and Edge, and tried from a jump box sitting on the same subnet as the CER server, and my laptop on a different subnet, and still get the same error every time, I don't ever get a prompt for a username/password, all my attempts always come back immediately with the HTTP Status 404 - Not Found error

Odd, outside of trying to reboot the CER server(s) or restarting Tomcat service I have no other suggestions.