Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones dial the last conversation number

CHRISTIAN END
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have a strange issue on a customer site.

There are about 1050 phones. It is a mix of Cisco 79xx, 78xx, 3rd Party SIP Devices (Ascom). We are now on CUCM 10.0.1-12900. I did a update last night.

I try to explain the issue:

A phone 20788 is a Ascom i62 that is registered as 3rd party SIP Device in CUCM. Another phone is 2877 that did a call to 20788. They talk to each other. After the call, the phone 20788 did automatic calls to 2877. The customer counts 37 in a very short time.

But that is not all. When we turn the phone off, the calls will continue. So i decided to search on the CUCM side and not on the Ascom side.

We deleted the phone, directory number and enduser in CUCM. But after reapplying the settings on the phone, it come back.

Last night i updated the CUCM Software from 10.0.1-11900 to 10.0.1-12900. 

Did anyone heard about this issue or some issue that comes near to that?

I read about a BUG in CUCM 7.X with 79xx phones that call the last calls in call list. But nothing new.

Has someone any idea how we can troubleshoot this?

Any hints are welcome!

Christian

6 Replies 6

Hi,

If you share the traces from CUCM we might be able to assist. Can you look at the traces and see the CI (which is the process id) which initiated the call. From the same trace you can see what is linked to that CI which triggered the call. That might help.

Hi,

which traces should i look into? CUCM SDL Trace?

And which Trace Configuration?

Yes. From SDL traces you can see what CI is triggering this call back. 

Is the process ID a static value? We have many calls in the trace, not only the calls with issues. Any hints to find only the messages for the calls between 20778 and 2877 ?

It is a static value per call. You can find it by tracing calling/called number. You can export your traces and using TransltorX (free online) you can filter calls and look at the traces nicely. 

Now i grabbed some calls of a number that has the issue. 20633 was calling other phones.