Views
Helpful
Replies

Picking up shared line

ricky7d
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

Firstly an apology for my lack of technical knowledge in the arena and maybe the incorrect use of terminology. 

I work in a satellite office for a company and run basic admin tasks in CCM (System version: 11.5.1.13900-52). 

My question is what is the correct, simplest, easiest?! way to allow multiple people to pickup a line? 

We currently have it setup so that can be done but after recently expanding we are frequently getting 'cannot barge errors' or "cannot setup conference". I've been told the way to do this is on each phone and each line for each phone change the 'Maximum Number of Calls' to a higher number. 

With only 10 people in the group + two desk lines this seems like a huge amount of admin to me! Maybe i'm missing something, would appreciate the some knowledge input, please ask any questions to fill the holes. 

thanks, 
Ricky 

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The BiB from the phones only allow for 3 lines to be in a barge call, if you're trying to get more people to barge in, you need to use cBarge

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115/CUCM_BK_C7DC69D3_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_115_chapter_0100101.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate