Helpful
Replies

PLAR setting on Analog (connected through ATA 190) didn't works

boonhine79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guy ,

Good day !

Just would like to see some advice regarding this issue . I am setting up the PLAR on my call manager (version 10.5) for several analog phone (connected through ATA 190 and then connected to switch) which are placed in production floor . So that the operator can just lift up and handset and the analog phone will auto ring up the production manager's extension (this is where the PLAR function serve for) . 

I have followed exactly the configuration steps as mentioned on this cisco website .(http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/47601-config-hotdial.html)

Step 1 Create a partition, for example, P1, and a calling search space, for example CSS1, so CSS1 contains P1. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Class of Control > Partition or Calling Search Space.)

Step 2 Create a null (blank) translation pattern, for example, TP1, which contains calling search space CSS1 and partition P1. In this null (blank) pattern, make sure that you enter the directory number for the B1 PLAR destination in the Called Party Transformation Mask field. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Translation Pattern.)

Step 3 Assign the calling search space, CS1, to either A or A'. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone.)

Step 4 Assign the P1 partition to the directory number for B1, which is the PLAR destination. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Directory Number.)

Step 5 For phones that are running SIP, create a SIP dial rule. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Dial Rules > SIP Dial Rules. Choose 7940_7960_OTHER. Enter a name for the pattern; for example, PLAR1. Click Save; then, click Add Plar. ClickSave.)

But during the testing , the cisco IP phone is working perfectly , but only the analog didn't work as expected . When the handset has been lift up , it didn't trigger the manager's phone to ring .

I did some research on internet , it seem like we need to configure SIP Dial Rule and assigned it to the analog phone under the SIP profile .

i tried to follow the steps below suggested from cisco website (as stated below), but still no luck .

For phones that are running SIP, assign the SIP dial rule configuration that you created for PLAR to the phones, which, in this example, are A and A'. ((In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone. Choose the SIP dial rule configuration from the SIP Dial Rules drop-down list box.)

Anyone have made this PLAR working through ATA 190 before ? Any specify setting that i have missing from SIP dial rule ?

i just found a forum , seem like there is someone solved it out by configure SIP Dial Rule with 1 blank PLAR pattern ( no button value) and use the translation pattern value with *!* instead of "" (blank). Do you think it will work ? 

I hope i can get some suggestion from all the Cisco expert and so that i can test them out one by one tomorrow morning 

Hope can hear from you all 

Thank

Best Regards

Vilson

1 Reply 1

boonhine79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Just for knowledge sharing .I have resolved the issue by update the firmware to 1.1.2 and put it the additional setting by configured SIP Dial Rule with a blank pattern added on call manager .

Thank

Best Regards

Vilson 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: