Views
Helpful
Replies

Plus Dialing

ronaldo.gama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people,

I have a implementation with CUCM 7.1.2 and I have problems with directory and globalized numbers.

According to Cisco, the ANI at the gateway for inbound calls will always be inserted in the missed call directory (globalized number) and the localized number (transformed with the calling transformation patterns) will be displayed in the phone (ringing).

But, in my case, the number displayed in missed call directory is the localized number (always).

I set the + in the Incoming Calling Party Settings (gateway) and I apply the CSS Calling Party Transformation in the IP Phone.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ronaldo Gama

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Yes you are correct, the globalized number would be displayed on the missed call menu, and the localized number would be shown on the phone display.

There are two possibilities you are missing:

1. For which type and plan you are setting '+' on the gateway incoming calls settings? can you confirm from your gateway (h323 or mgcp) with the debug command 'debug isdn q931', if the calling party type is none of national, international or subscriber type it will follow the default settings. You can add '+' under deault settings as well just for test basis.

2. Check again if the partition for calling party transformation is in the CSS you have created and also assign under proper device pool/phone.

HTH.

Thanks,

Mijanur Rahman

Hi Mijanur,

Thank you for your answer.

The carrier send the calls as Unknown.

When unset the Calling Party Transformation configuration, the number displayed in IP Phone and missed directory is in globalized form (+55 11 XXXX XXXX). The correct behavior, in my opinion.

But, when I config the Calling Party Transformation CSS in Device Pool (or in device phone), both missed directory and phone display, are displayed in localized form.

Tks,

Ronaldo Gama