Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Shut Down activity

virendra pathak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

In coming week, We have power shut down activity for whole site. I need to take precaution for the below mentioned products and how can i perform the activity?

Please respond me ASAP.

Cisco UCS 240

PUB

SUB

CUC

Regards

Viru

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Viru,

Make sure that you have taken a latest backup of all these applications before shut down and note down all activated and running services before shut down in order to verify whether they are up after powering on. That will be really handy. I do not see any other major impact unless you already have any issues with any of these.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Viru,

Make sure that you have taken a latest backup of all these applications before shut down and note down all activated and running services before shut down in order to verify whether they are up after powering on. That will be really handy. I do not see any other major impact unless you already have any issues with any of these.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

Either jump on the shell and run  "utils system shutdown". Shutdown the PUB last. Then shutdown VMware via the vsphere or web client.

I like to configure power settings in vmware.. automate VM startup order.. so I dont have to wait around for servers to start etc.. start the PUB, SUB, then CUC. Give a good 1min break after the PUB starts.. to give it time to boot up and have its services up before other apps try and connect to it.

Another way to shut servers down it to use the vmtools. so just right click the VM  (vsphere or web client) and select Shutdown Guest.

Ben