Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presenting Called Party with IVR?

We're building out a prepaid calling card system using IVR instances on Voice Gateways with a modified version of the Debit Card script. The Voice Gateways communicate back to billing software via radius, and so far everything has been going great! Last week we met with the customer and were thrown a bit of a curveball. They are requesting that when the called party picks up the line they are presented with a recorded message and an option to accept or deny the call. Something like: "This is a Prepaid Call from <name>. To accept press 1. To deny press 2, or hang up." To add a bit more complexity, they do not want the calling party to be able to speak with the called party until they have accepted the call. I've been looking around at a few different ways to do this but so far I'm drawing a blank. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Hello fellow,

Can you provide more information like what version and systems are you using??

UCCX? CUCM? CME?

Also, who is supposed to trigger the call?  the system? or an agent?

Thanks.

Rolando Valenzuela.

Rolando,

Thanks so much for your reply! At the moment the current design is just using IOS Voice Gateways, both Analog-to-Digital and CUBE. The endpoints are analog and will be redirected to an IVR instance hosted on the local Voice Gateway. The modified Debit Card script collects card number, pin, etc and sends to the Billing Server via RADIUS. Once authenticated and authorized the call is allowed outbound with a maximum-duration based on funds in the account. The tricky part is once the call is picked up we need the called party presented with this Accept/Deny feature. We're actually able to layer in to this project just about anything we need. So for instance if UCCX would be the right fit we can definitely build that into the budget. 

Let me know please if there is anything else I can answer. Thanks for looking at this with us! 

Well, I really think you need UCCX for the outbound campain, with it you can create customs IVRs.

I dont think is something you can accomplish only with the routers.

Check this links:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-50353

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/116084-trouble-ivr-dialer-00.html

I will let you know if I found additional information.

Rolando Valenzuela.

Rolando,

Thanks so much for your help! I just reached out to the Cisco Partner Helpline about this exact feature in UCCX. If you don't mind me asking a quick question while I wait to hear back from them. The Voice Gateway running the IVR Debit Card scripts keeps the Billing System updated with call duration info via RADIUS. The Billing System uses this information to determine the call duration and the amount to deduct from the calling account. Once the outbound call has been authorized from the on-site Voice Gateway, would you then have the call forwarded to a UCCX instance that matches on inbound and then creates it's own outbound dial? Forgive my ignorance of UCCX. Would it be something like: match on inbound ANI & park call, place outbound dial to DNIS and run IVR script when called party picks up, after they press 1 connect the 2 calls together? Thanks!

To be honest, I dont know... sad

But it sound that you are making it more difficult that it should be; with the outbound campain, UCCX can manage and make the outbound call by itself.

Let us know what Cisco says.

Regards.

Rolando Valenzuela.

UPDATE

Still waiting to hear back from Cisco but it looks like it might be possible to do what we need using VoiceXML Applications. This sample app actually does most of what we would need. We'll be working with this over the next few days and keep everyone posted!

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/voice/vxml/developer/guide/vxmlprg/refgde3.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: