Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI spliting

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Sorry for posting this question as i know lot of  threads may exist in the support forum. I searched but haven't found of my interest.

so here i am posted it again.

I have 2 routers cisco 2921 with 2E1 support. I have 2 E1 currently terminated on the router. Each E1 is mapped with 2 toll Free no.

Also customer has 2 types of users and we have to seggregate the PRI w.r.t user group.

1) Admin user --> 15 channel mapped to 1 toll free number. out of which 10 channels are for outgoing and 5 channels for incoming

2) Technical user--> 45 channels to 2nd toll free number. out of which 15 channels are for incoming and 30 for outgoing.

So that means i can dedicate 1PRI for outgoing.

But my problem still there to split  the other PRI with 15 channel each and also sub split it with incoming and outgoing.

Any help is really appreciated,

Thanks

Alok

2 Replies 2

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Does your telco really have these circuits provisioned this way?  Personally, I have never heard of a PRI being configured in this manner.  Non PRI circuits, sure, but not a PRI.

If your telco really does support this (and I'm interested to hear if they can), the only way this *might* even work is configured out using H323.

But let's start with what your telco is going to support.  Are they really going to do this?

Hi Clifford,

Yes teleco will be doing it, coz the customer is already runing this kind of setup currently on Nortel PBX.

We have to replicate it on Cisco.

I think PRI spliting is possible if you use Trunk groups, but i am not pretty sure with the exact configuration.

Also the customer is specific demanding this feature bcoz the SP will going to bill based on the channels utilized and will be generating separate billing for the two departments.

Thanks

Alok