Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI - VWIC-2MFT-E1

Ronnel Due
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

Can anybody give me a clear picture on this situation i have a module VWIC-2MFT-E1 installed on 2821 router. port 0/0/0 is already used and active for 30 channels PRI line, the goal is to have another PRI line 30 channels on port 0/0/1 i believed this will require additional DSP resource since i have only one PVDM2-48 installed. can anyone provide me a sample E1 configuration on both ports.

thanking you in advance.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you need more DSPs for another E1, there are plenty of examples for MGCP and H323 on CCO, you can also search CSC for sample configurations and you'll get plenty of references.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime for your time looking ino this, i tried looking on Cisco doc but got confused and i didnt see any configuration that enables both port on single module. we are planning to have 30 channels pure voice on each ports that leads us 60 total channels.

thanks,

There are many examples on how to connfigure this as Jamie has said..You configure it the same way you configure the first port...You jusy need to ensure you configure the slot on the second card to be a clock reference also  eg

network-clock-participate wic 0

network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0

network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/1

Then configure the E1 controller on that port...Based on the number of dsps you have you will not be able to configure the 30 channels on the second e1...So you need to add DSP to be able to have 60 channels in use

controller E1 0/0/1

pri-group timeslots 1-16 ( or 1-31 if you have added enough dsp)

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Aokanlawon,

i added the command network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/1 on my voice gateway, but i think my actual line from Telco is having issue see below "show isdn status" refererence 0/0/1 layer 1 status is SHUTDOWN.

dxb-vg1#sh isdn status

Global ISDN Switchtype = primary-net5

ISDN Serial0/0/0:15 interface

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-net5

Layer 1 Status:

ACTIVE

Layer 2 Status:

TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED

Layer 3 Status:

0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0

The Free Channel Mask:  0xFFFF7FFF