Views
Helpful
Replies

Private Lines

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one cluster with two gateways, there is a qsig connection to NORTEL system, everything works i have 136 ports FXO i need to connect a analog lines from CO as private lines in some Phones.

Plsz if any body have a good senario with explelination and configuration file from cisco router, and if we have to configure the gateway as h323 or mgcp.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ali,

I am putting only H.323 configuration as personally its faster than MGCP in these kind of situations.

For Inbound configuration:

Identify the voice-port where line terminated and configure PLAR to send incoming call directly to user for example with extension 101

!

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar opx 101

!

For Outbound configuration:

Requires configuring CoR in H.323 gateway, match outbound call with calling extension and apply CoR to only see outgoing pattern containing the appropriate voice-port to exit

!

!
dial-peer cor custom
name user101
!

!
dial-peer cor list user101
member user101
!

!
dial-peer voice 101 voip
corlist incoming user101
destination-pattern 101
session target ipv4:
!

!
dial-peer voice 1101 pots
corlist outgoing user101
destination-pattern 9T
port 0/0/0
forward-digits all
!

The CoR configuration makes sure that only dial-peer 1101 is seen for outgoing calls starting with 9.

Hope this helps.

Pratik

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ali,

I am putting only H.323 configuration as personally its faster than MGCP in these kind of situations.

For Inbound configuration:

Identify the voice-port where line terminated and configure PLAR to send incoming call directly to user for example with extension 101

!

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar opx 101

!

For Outbound configuration:

Requires configuring CoR in H.323 gateway, match outbound call with calling extension and apply CoR to only see outgoing pattern containing the appropriate voice-port to exit

!

!
dial-peer cor custom
name user101
!

!
dial-peer cor list user101
member user101
!

!
dial-peer voice 101 voip
corlist incoming user101
destination-pattern 101
session target ipv4:
!

!
dial-peer voice 1101 pots
corlist outgoing user101
destination-pattern 9T
port 0/0/0
forward-digits all
!

The CoR configuration makes sure that only dial-peer 1101 is seen for outgoing calls starting with 9.

Hope this helps.

Pratik