Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem to transfer external calls

Thiago Gandara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi voice team,

I have a problem with CUCM 5.1, sometimes when I receive an external call, I can not transfer to another extension, I press the Transfer button and nothing happens, but it has moments that I can make the transfer. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Thiago Gandara

20 Replies 20

Follow the config:

sccp local FastEthernet0/0

sccp ccm 172.16.8.240 identifier 1 version 3.0

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

bind interface FastEthernet0/0

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate profile 101 register transcode

associate profile 100 register mtp00233335da20

associate profile 99 register conference

!

dspfarm profile 101 transcode

description TRANSCODER

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

maximum sessions 4

associate application SCCP

!

dspfarm profile 99 conference

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

codec g729br8

maximum sessions 6

!

dspfarm profile 100 mtp

codec g711ulaw

maximum sessions software 20

Thanks

Guys, this is an intermittent issue. I doubt if it is configuration related. I have seen this a few times with supplementary services and an IOS upgrade did the job. Thiago try and upgrade IOS to a much newer one.

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Please rate all useful posts

Guys, the problem would not be in CUCM?

Thanks.

If its not happening for every call you are correct that it can be a IOS upgrade that fixes it or that those transcoders are already being used when they try.  They can do 4 transcode sessions on that gateway.  If you are in a large deployment they can be eating up very fast.

Yes, its not happening for every external calls, but the problem would not be in CUCM 5.1?

Thanks.

I believe it has nothing to do with IOS upgrade. Its related to config. But he can try this as well.

If the call between phone and GW is g729 then hardware MTP isn't invoked since its using g711 as per the config. In this case XCODER is used which is having max sessions as 6 (assuming that its in the same MRGL).

The tie break will be looking at CUCM traces to see what error is generated which transfer is triggered. I am suspecting "failed to allocate MTP resource".