cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem updating a Locale in IP Communicator(7.0.5) using Windows 7 (32-Bit)

marahman78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to use the IP Communicator 7.0.5 (CUCM 7.0) in Windows 7 (32 bit)  but when IP Communicator tries to update the locale when connecting through Cisco VPN Client(5.0.07.0410) ,I receive the following error :

English_United_States/CIPC_Locale.zip

DownloadFile:tftp -i 10.10.10.1 GET

English_United_States/CIPC_Locale.zip

C:/Users/sigma/AppData/Roaming/Cisco/Communicator/AutoUpdat

e/TFTPTEMP/CIPC_Locale.zip

>C:/Users/sigma/AppData/Roaming/Cisco/Communicator/AutoUpd

ate/tftpOutput.txt

2>/Users/sigma/AppData/Roaming/Cisco/Communicator/AutoUp

date/tftpError.txt&

CreateProcess failed:0x2

- Even Windows Firewall is disabled

- I also delete the CIPCLocaleDownloader.exe from the Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco IP Communicator folder

- Find the attached error snapshot

Regards,

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To run IP Communicator allowing configuration changes, right-click its icon, and select "run as administrator" and confirm in the subsequent window.

I even tried that one also. When i ignore the locale error, IP Communicator is not showing line and softkey template ...(Blank) . But its showing IP Address of the communicator (registered) in the CUCM Administration page

Locale errors do not cause phones to not show lines and softkeys. So, something else is wrong.

Its working fine with Windows XP, showing line and softkeys but not with windows 7 . What do you think, what else?

Hi,

I've exactly the same issue.

It blanks the softkeys and line. But shows registered on the CUCM. Also I can access Coorporate Directory and IP Phones Services.

What is also strange is that after more a less 2 minutes, the sofkeys come up along with the Directory Number...

Did you solved it?

I'm using Win 7 x64bit in a Portuguese Installation.

Thanx for sharing,

Its getting line and softkey template in windows 7 (32 bit) when connected to LAN, but when using through VPN Client (Blank). Its working fine in windows XP , when connected to --> LAN or using VPN Client.

Sorry, I don't know what to suggest.

I use CIPC 7.0.5 and VPN cleint on Windows 7 32 bits, they work fine. However I use CME, not CM.

Maybe you can try installing fresh on another machine

Hi,

You can try enabling the tftp server client on Windows Features. I did this and worked.

Regards,

Tiago