Helpful
Replies

PSTN outbound call Requirement with H323 GW

Vishal Parekh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Kindly help me to achieve below requirement:

I have Cisco Call manager version running 10.5 and cisco Voice gateway (Cisco2921) register as H323 GW running  2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M3.bin.

Now i have 2 PRI connected to my voice gateway and customer want to split outgoing calls for the users between these two PRI's.

E.g.  We have User A and User B and PRI A and PRI B 

When user A call to PSTN number, it should only route through PRI A.

Similarly  When user B call to PSTN number, it should only route though PRI B. 

Can anyone help me how we can achieve these scenario ?

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can do the following:

Create two groups and add one PRI in each of them

Create 2 route patterns in two different partition and assign the two route groups one in each

Create CSS1 which contains only partition 1 and CSS 2 which has only Partition 2

Apply respective CSSs to the phones so that both calls are routed through diff gateways

Phone 1 --> CSS1 --> RP 1 with  partition 1 alone -> RG 1 --> PRI 1

Phone 2 --> CSS2 --> RP 2 with  partition 2 alone -> RG 2 --> PRI 2

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

Hello Rajan, 

This can be done via using Gateway As MGCP,if i am not wrong here. In my case i am using H323 GW. 

My bad this scenario I mentioned works only for mgcp gateways.. i just see that you are using h323.

This is little tricky. When the call hits the gateway from CUCM, match incoming dial-peers based on the calling number. Lets say for calls from 1xxx extension, match using answer address in the dial-peer and do some translation to add a dummy prefix for the called number.

This dummy prefix will be used to match the outbound dial-peer which routes through a Specific PRI where we will remove this dummy prefix and route the call out.

Similarly do it for another extension range to route the calls through the other PRI.

Note : To do this, we need to make sure that the inbound dial-peer matching does not happen with the incoming  called-number configured and hence this needs to be removed.

I am not aware of any other easy way. Probably others can suggest if they have come across this situation. 

HTH

Rajan