cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN PRI Emulation - ISDN IE Connected Number Not Passed Through

simon.birtles
Level 1
Level 1

I had an issue with CUCM Device Pool "Connected Party Transform CSS" which is resolved, this is in discussion Device Pool - "Connected Party Transformation CSS" Configuration Not Taking Effect. Moving on from this I have an issue with the router that is emulating the PSTN in this lab. Calls are successful between the connected PSTN sites.

HQ phone calls BR1 [+34966798100];

BR1 CUCM uses the DP connected transform to change from dialled number (above) to [] for BR1 phone and send to BR1 GW.

Phone(BR1)--SIP--CUCM---SIP---(BR1 GW RTR)---ISDN E1---(RTR-PSTN)---ISDN E1---(HQ GW RTR)---SIP---CUCM---SIP---Phone(HQ)

The issue I have is that when the CUCM 'BR1' Device Pool  "Connected Party Transform CSS" changes the dialled number of the local phone and sends this back via SIP to the PSTN GW router (BR1) using Remote-Party-ID, this gets sent to the PSTN emulation router over ISDN IE as the Connected Party as follows which is working ok. The number ending in 999 as shown is the transformed number by CUCM.

PSTN Emulation Router (2951); debug isdn q931

*Mar 30 18:54:32.471: ISDN Se0/2/1:15 Q931: RX <- CONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x808E
Connected Number i = 0x8081, '34966798999'

So the PSTN Emulation router receives this ok but I would expect that the router would then send this onwards to the next call leg which is the E1 to the HQ GW router. This does not happen. Instead the following is seen on the PSTN emulation router which is the original dialled number minus the +34 stripped due to dial peer matching;

*Mar 30 18:54:32.483: ISDN Se0/2/0:15 Q931: TX -> CONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x808E
Connected Number i = 0x80, '966798100'

Is it possible to have this working on a PSTN emulation router, limitation exist with these lab emulations.. is this one ? or is it config issue ? I have attached router config and debug from same router (PSTN Emul).

Thanks

0 Replies 0