Views
Helpful
Replies

QSIG and Partitions

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a CUCM 8.5 Cluster and 2911 Gateways connected via QSIG to Nortel PBX. To manipulate the CUCM outgoing numbers, i use a Calling Party Transformation CSS on my PRI E1 nic and it works. My problem is that i can't manipulate DN from QSIG Nortel because they are put in the "Null" partition and so, if a Nortel phone calls outside, they can't see the complete number.

My question is:

- is there a way to say to CUCM that all numbers originating from QSIG Nic are in a partition other than the "Null" one ?

- is there a way to manipulate a number that is not defined in the CUCM internal DB (for example a Nortel DN connected via QSIG ) ?

Thank you,

Roberto

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Not sure  what you are trying to achieve but basically create CSS and create Partitions and assign them to the GW concerned so you can start to route, translate the DN easier

I mean: how can i configure that a DN that is not in CUCM DB (because is originating form Nortel and coming from QSIG)

is assigned to a CUCM partition and removed from "Null partition"

Ok so I guess your set up is

Phone>>>>CUCM >>>>>>>>>>>GW>>>>>>>>>>Nortel>>>>Phone

1. Are all calls coming from the Nortel inlcuisng internal and Telco ?

2.. Why do you want to have DN`s in the Null partition?- do you wan tto continue this - Best practices is for partitions so you can control how they are route, appear etc

Any call coming from any external system - Telc

o, PABX etc are always in the NUL partiton in principle when it arrives at the GW since it has no knowlegde of CUCM. So by creating a CSS and assigning DN partitions to the CSS and then assign the CSS to the GW you are automatically moving a call from NULL to a named Partition

Hi,

i opened this to better clarify my problem:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3442944

Hope i describe better my situation