Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Raspberry Pi to signal UCS

Short version: Can I use a Raspberry Pi to somehow send a signal to UCS to start a phone call?

Long version: I'm looking for a way to have a Raspberry Pi run a validation check on a server and kick off phone calls to some of our employees if the check comes back with a negative response.  Right now we have the Pi working as intended for the validation check, meaning we know if the check comes back negative.  I'm not the person in charge of our phone system so there's a few things I don't know.  For instance, I'm not sure if there is a way to create a list/group of users that are called when triggered.  I'm not sure if you can signal that group to be contacted instead of being on a time schedule.  I'm not sure if any of this can happen from an external source.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You * might * be able to do that, if you use something like web dialer

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-851-cm/fswbdlr.html

There's only TAPI/JTAPI for Windows or Linux, so, you'd be forced to use one of those OSs to have any chance of making this work.

Your voice admin should be able to assist with any of the other config you're talking about if you manage to get your raspberry to place a call using CTI.

The voice admin can also provide the TAPI/JTAPI files as they're in CUCM.

Might want to ask in DevNet.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate