Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendation: Router for MTP resource provisioning on CUCM cluster

robdog
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a router for MTP, I currently have IPVMS running on 2 nodes in our cluster but we are running out of resource which is causing intermittent DTMF issues.

Cheers

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to mention the number of sessions you need, the codec, and if they're going to be HW or SW in order to get an answer.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Excuse my brevity, concurrent SIP sessions is around 200, codec G711 and looking to do SW based if possible.

I was looking at spinning up additional subscribers and have those running IPVMS and no call processing as I know its bad practice to have IPVMS and Call processing running on the same pub/sub.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

RD

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You don't have any voice gateway that can provide software MTP ? These don't use PVDM/DSP resources and you can configure as many as 500 sessions for these. Remember though that these won't be able to handle packetization mimatches etc. Usually you use them for RSVP and/or to handle DTMF mismatches.

Hi Nipun,

We are using oracle 3820 session boarder controller cluster as gateway, which I dont believe can provide software MTP resource(s) (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Hence why I'm looking at deploying either router or additional node(s) into the cluster to handle MTP resource allocation. I'd prefer to use a router to provide software based MTP resource to be perfectly honest.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Oh ohk. Yeah so if you have a spare router use them or spin up an UCM, whichever you find feasible and from a business perspective, cost efficient.

See table 9

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/tdm-gateways/data-sheet-c78-729824.html

On older platforms you'd need at least a 2821 or a 2911 to get 220 SW MTP sessions as a dedicated MTP resource. Any platform above those, provides above 220 SW MTP sessions. These old models are already phasing out from support.

HTH

java

Hi Jamie,

With the 4321, what IOS license would you need to provide the MSP functionality?

UC license, you'll need to reach a Cisco Partner to buy this, and they will help you with ordering the right BOM for this.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: