Views
Helpful
Replies

Rehosted license status invalid after CUCM 8.0.2 to 8.5.1 upgrade

phonetech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just finished upgrading CUCM 8.0.2 to CUCM 8.5.1 on a new replacement MCS 7816-I5 server. This was a bridge upgrade since CUCM 8.5.1 is

no longer supported on MCS-7825-H2 server.

I registered and received a license for CM8.5-K9-UPG= upgrade.

I requested cisco licensing to rehost my current licenses to a new MAC address and I attached my old licenses to my request.

I received about eight rehosted license files. Installed all the new license files on a new server. Restored upgraded 8.5.1 database.

Deleted old license files that had an old MAC address.

The server accepted my DLU values, but the license status showing as invalid. I restarted CM service, restarted CM server, updated MAC address in under System>Server. Nothing helped.

Can anyone think of what I'm missing?

Thanks

Yury

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open the .lic files and make sure they're all with the same MAC address to confirm they are valid.

You can also try deleting the current license file and then upload again and restart the licensing manager.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open the .lic files and make sure they're all with the same MAC address to confirm they are valid.

You can also try deleting the current license file and then upload again and restart the licensing manager.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your help.

MAC address was correct. Removed all the licenses, added them again, restarted CM service,

the warning message is gone and the license status is uploaded.