Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Cisco IP Phone Options

First of all, I have CUCM 8.5. I have two 6941 phones that need to sit at a remote location that does not have an ASA. We also do not have the licenses for the ASA on our end so the phones could connect back to us.

Is there ANY way to get the phones to connect over the public internet back into our CUCM? We could even limit access based upon source IP and all that but I need a way to actually tell the phone to look for that non local (public) address instead of the local 172.x.x.x CUCM address.

Is this possible?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

If you give the CUCM server a public IP addres, lock it down to the public IPs of the remote phones and manually configure the IP settings on the phone: IP, tftp, CUCM, etc.

Call quality may be an issue over the internet though.

Do you know where I set these settings? I figured it would be on the Device -> Phone page but I am unable to find it.

Thanks

I will work with that. I only see an option to change the IP's and TFTP servers on it so i'm guessing I will open all ports up for a known IP and see if I can get it to do it over the public Internet. Its not the best way but it sure beats $299 for an ASA phone license.

Thanks