Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

brmmt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are looking to remove various versions of CUCME from our Voice Gateways around Europe and move them to a central Call Manager platform.  Does anyone know how to remove the installation of CME from the Router?  I've scoured the Internet trying to find the answer but all I seem to get is how to install it.  As in the CME Installation we are using a mixture of 2800 to 2900 series routers and converting them to H.323 gateways.  Do I even need to remove the CME installation?

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The software is built into IOS. You can remove the associated files from flash, and you can remove the configuration. Depending on your CUCM design you might only wish to remove part of the configuration as the existing dial peers etc might be re-used in SRST mode...

Most of the configuration if you choose to remove it is in the 'telephony-service' section, and the dial peers.

If you want to get rid of the flash files you can download a copy of the CME files and use that to determine what you can get rid of.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The software is built into IOS. You can remove the associated files from flash, and you can remove the configuration. Depending on your CUCM design you might only wish to remove part of the configuration as the existing dial peers etc might be re-used in SRST mode...

Most of the configuration if you choose to remove it is in the 'telephony-service' section, and the dial peers.

If you want to get rid of the flash files you can download a copy of the CME files and use that to determine what you can get rid of.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

first of all you need to change option 150 on the phones or dhcp. when you complete this the phones will be registered on the callmanager at HQ.
for the gateway you need to add the h323 config:
h323-gateway voip interface
h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr xx.xx.xx.xx
then add the gateway to call manager and complete the config for ,route pattern, route list, route group, partitions, and CSS.

for cme config you can remove it by
(config)# no telephony-service.

but i think you can use it as an srst config

HTH
Anas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: