cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing the digit I prefixed on inbound numbers for external calls CLI...

CiscoRunner
Level 1
Level 1

What a confusing title...:)

Anyway my problem is this:

On inbound calls, I prefix a 9 at the gateway level so that numbers show on the phone display and in missed/received calls with a 9 in front of the number which makes them diallable without editing.

My problem is only in regards to call forwarding calls out externally. Users can forward their desk phones out to their mobiles, and when they do this they will see the CLI of the original caller (feature is enabled by the telco).

Only problem is that when the call is forwarded to the users mobile the CLI is correct except it also has a 9 prefixed onto it.

Is there anyway to remove the 9 that I prefixed from the CLI of outbound calls?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Add a translation-profile for outbound calls on the outbound dial peers of your gateway. Match on patterns that start with 9 and remove the 9

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thnaks for replying, i know this is an awkward one.

I should have mentioned that I am using MGCP so a tranlsation profile is not an option on the gateway dial-peer...Need to be able to do it on the CUCM somehow?

Depending on your CUCM version, you should be able to apply a CSS per GW to do Calling Party Transformation Mask using calling party transformation patterns.

Regards,

Luis A.