cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Required details like how to know how many files are loaded in Call manager 7.1.3

sbatsya12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just wanted to know that how many SDI and SDL files are available in Cisco Manager database of Version 7.1.3.

It will be great if some one provide me any such cisco document.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure I understand the question entirely. The SDI and SDL trace  files are created dynamically during the system run time.

If you are looking for default maximum for SDI file counts (per service) you can run the following query at the CLI:

run sql select name,numfiles from typeservice

To find current settings for max files:

run sql select pns.servername as cmnode, ts.name as service, pns.numfiles from processnodeservice as pns inner join typeservice as ts on pns.tkservice=ts.enum

I couldn't find the table where SDL parameters are stored. So, you can go to the serviceability portal on your CUCM and find out by going page-by-page.

To get current file counts:

file list activelog cm/trace/ccm/sdi/*

file list activelog cm/trace/ccm/sdl/*

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

please rate helpful posts

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SDI and SDL are trace files and that you configure (and have nothing to do and are not stored in the DB), there is no document that tells you how many files are by default in a CUCM install or exactly what is in the DB when you fresh install it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure I understand the question entirely. The SDI and SDL trace  files are created dynamically during the system run time.

If you are looking for default maximum for SDI file counts (per service) you can run the following query at the CLI:

run sql select name,numfiles from typeservice

To find current settings for max files:

run sql select pns.servername as cmnode, ts.name as service, pns.numfiles from processnodeservice as pns inner join typeservice as ts on pns.tkservice=ts.enum

I couldn't find the table where SDL parameters are stored. So, you can go to the serviceability portal on your CUCM and find out by going page-by-page.

To get current file counts:

file list activelog cm/trace/ccm/sdi/*

file list activelog cm/trace/ccm/sdl/*

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

please rate helpful posts

sbatsya12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bell,

Thanks for this information.

I come to know now the count file in our call manager by using this two command "file list activelog cm/trace/ccm/sdi and sdl".

Just wanted to know  there is any way we can increase this SDI/SDL count file ?

Thanks,

Sachin

You configure number of files and size under the trace config in serviceability.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

There are some maximums to keep in mind. Cisco's SRND recommends the following:

The maximum recommended trace setting for the Call Manager service is 2,500 files of 2 MB each for System Diagnostic Interface (SDI) and Specifications and Description Language (SDL) traces. This is a combined total of 5,000 files. You CAN disable SDL traces and configure SDI traces to be 5,000 files but you SHOULD NOT increase SDL traces beyond the 2,500 recommended limit.

Trace settings for other components should not exceed 126 MB. For example, 63 files at 2MB per file).

Going beyond these recommended maximums will impact system performance.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill