cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reserve IP address on DHCP server for Cisco Phone.

Sundeep Dsouza
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

We would want around 5-6 Cisco phones to automatically get IP address from the DHCP scope defined in our Cisco Core switch. I know one can achieve this by the exclude command but this would mean I will have to manually enter IP address on the phones. We would like this to be automated via DHCP.

We did create a manual binding with the host IP address with its MAC address, but after resetting the phone it would still take the old IP. We even cleared the automatic DHCP binding for the old IP but it wont go. Am I missing something here.

Regards

3 Replies 3

vasank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

create a voice vlan / interface vlan in that subnet and run dhcp server in the core switch then in access layer switches use ip helper-address in the interface config mode (this interface should be under voice vlan)

vasank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK I got it. I was using the hardware-address command instead of the client-identifier command under ip dhcp pool for manual binding.

Thanks Vasank, but what you suggested is for configuring a voice vlan on a switch, which we have already done. Thanks anyways.