Views
Helpful
Replies

RightFax send and recieve fax to email

KpaH4iTooo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have RightFax 9.4 business edition and Exchange server 2007.

I am interesting about how to configure it to:

1) Recieve inbound faxes to outlook email client

Am i right that to configure it i need:

- create e-mail Gateway in RF(Right) EFM(Enterprise Fax Manager). Choose smtp/pop3 gateway.

Server address: my exchange server address (for example mail.cc.com)

pop3 mailbox name: mailbox in my exchange server (for example recieve@cc.com)

Mailbox password: password for this mailbox

- in "User Edit" "Inbound Routing" "Routing Type" of user, that need to recieve fax select "SMTP". Routing Info: what addess should be here? Address of the mailbox in my exchange server, that I put in the "pop3 mailbox name" field in E-mail Gateway config (recieve@cc.com) or email address of the user?

2) Send faxes to email

- to send email:

- from FaxUtil create new fax, choose "e-mail address" instead of "fax number" and push "Send" button

Thanks

2 Replies 2

cderrington
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alexander,

You can set your SMTP/POP3 connector in EFM to inbound only, so you won't have to worry about filling in the POP3 log in information.

The inbound routing info box should have the users SMTP email address in it for proper routing.

Information for setting up inbound routing to SMTP is covered in the RightFax Administrators Guide, which is on your RIghtFax server under./RightFax/Docs

For outbound Fax to Email you need to configure the ETransport module in EFM and not the SMTP/POP3 module.

ETransport is last tab of  the "Server Module" configuration.

Cheers,

Hi, Chad,

The incoming fax to email is work OK now.

I cant send outgoing fax to email. As you said I configure ETransport with email account that exist on my Exchange server, but when I try to send fax to email from FaxUtil the status is - E-mail send error. But when is use this account (that uses to configure Etransport) in Outlook Express to send email and that is OK.

Thanks.