Views
Helpful
Replies

Route pattern for calls to France

Tomas Mazur
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are in the process of switching some of our calls to a SIP provider.

Our current UK setup is as follows:

CUCM (9.1) <-> ISR2921 (15.2(4)M4) <-> PSTN (ISDN30)

We have few existing route patterns which send UK call destined to France via BRI in our Paris office. With the office going away we now need to route these calls via Twilio SIP Trunk.

Currently, call from UK to France needs to be dialled out as 9 0033 834567899

Routing goes like so:

Phone <-> CUCM (9.1) <-> ASA S2S <-> Paris ISR2921 <-> BRI <-> PSTN

After the switch we would like the call to go via the new SIP trunk

Phone <-> CUCM (9.1) <-> UK ISR2921 <-> SIP Trunk <-> PSTN

Our Router Patterns on CUCM:

• 90033.!
  • 90033.!#

Question/s

1) How do I manipulate these patterns so that 90033 is replaced with +33 (E164 format is required by the SIP provider).

2) Should the above not be possible on CUCM how do I translate these destination numbers on our voice gateway:

From 90033825300500

To +33825300500 (as required by the SIP provider).

Many thanks

Tom 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JFOXP
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Tom,
There are a few way you can do this. Without changing a huge amount I would discard digits PreDot on your dedicated French dialling route pattern 90033.! / 90033.!# . Then Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) +33.
You will need to take a look at your dial peers on your 2921 and ensure that your inbound (Call leg from cucm) can match the +33 and there is a dial peer to get it out to the your sip provider (outbound call leg).

Hope that gives you a bit of an idea.

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

JFOXP
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Tom,
There are a few way you can do this. Without changing a huge amount I would discard digits PreDot on your dedicated French dialling route pattern 90033.! / 90033.!# . Then Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) +33.
You will need to take a look at your dial peers on your 2921 and ensure that your inbound (Call leg from cucm) can match the +33 and there is a dial peer to get it out to the your sip provider (outbound call leg).

Hope that gives you a bit of an idea.

Jon