cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT ALERT Available virtual memory below 26 Percent. tomcat (1030 MB) uses most of the memory. The alert is generated on Sat Feb 16 01:35:30 EST 2013

Robin Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Tomcat Restart is not helping and the only drop in Memory usage is around 6% after restart i.e. i found that it is associated with Bug CSCsu53542 but not sure if the Call manager version 7.1.3.30000-1 is carrying a fix ?

3 Replies 3

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

The mentioned bug is fixed in 7.1.2.
Your version should not be affected.

26% isn't critical.
You could change the threshold in RTMT.

An other possibility is to reboot the server and test if there is more memory available.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks for the above post,

So you mean available memory less than 26% is not critical, so what could be the threshold we should set in RTMT ? We have a planned a weekly restart of the Tomcat service every friday to mitigate this. A reboot is not yet planned as we do not have the % of success ratio

Regards

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

I have seen CUCMs working fine with 90% swap / virtual memory usage.

Your version of 7.1 is old and may contain a memory leak. Maybe you search bug toolkit for something like this.
But CUCM 7.1 will soon be end of software maintenance anyway.

Regarding the reboot:
On the one hand you can schedule a reboot during a maintenance window and see if the memory consumption is lower.
On the other hand you can wait till you experience troubles during office hours.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App