cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT CallManager 5.1 and 6.0 E-Mail Failure

kim_beadle
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to see alerts generated and the 'Sent to' recipient in Alert Central/History using RTMT.

The e-mail is never received. I have tried packet capture and found that the CallManager Publisher never sends the e-mail.

The only anomally I see is in ciscosyslog where the message clock times are different;

ccm: 18654: Aug 26 14:31:18.421 UTC : %CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-3-TspError: Error in TSP. Port IsoEthPort:0 Port DSL:0 Name of Device:ATA1F9EADEC8B01 Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:ABCCM001

I have checked the system time on CallManager which is configure for NTP and it is correct.

I have SSH to the server and checked the time/timezone and this is correct.

Could the timestamp be causing the e-mail notification send failure.

There is nothing in any of the logs to suggest the failure to send.

Is there a service not running that needs to be activated in order to get e-mail to work???

I have checked and re-checked the e-mail server config, even if this were wrong I would see the packets on the wire using packet capture.

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

You may want to check the bug ID CSCea08798. The work-around may help.

Detailed DBL traces will help a lot.

Thanks htarra, I checked this out, I am not sure this bug ID is relevant to release 6.0 (3.2 for the bug ID);

CSCea08798

##############################################

Cisco CallManager had SQL issues after adding a new subscriber server to a cluster.

You cannot access Cisco CallManager Administration on the subscriber and phones registered to the server cannot transfer or conference calls.

Workaround: Change the Default Network library for SQL7.0 from "Named Pipes" to "Multiprotocol." This parameter is found in MS SQL 7.0 ->Client Network Utility -> General.

#############################################