cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Second Call Forward to Voice Mail

pharden
Level 1
Level 1

I have had several request from users to forward thier calls to another persons vm.

however every forward ends up in the orginal mailbox.  I need to fiqure out how to forward a call and have it also forward to the 2nd mailbox.

Any idea's?  I am told it is all or nothing. It cann't do it both ways at onces System wide.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Trying to do this for SOME users SOME of the time is an issue.  You can get this working for SOME users ALL of the time by using either alternate extensions or call handlers in VM. Otherwise, you'd have to change the behavior globally by setting the system to use the last rather than first redirecting number for routing calls.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My question to you for clarification before providing additional detail is:

What you currently have is the standard, and usually, desired behavior for VM where a call is forwarded to the original dialed number and not the redirecting number.  So, you have SOME users that want to do the opposite and the question becomes:  Do SOME users want to do this SOME of the time or ALL of the time?

Hailey

combo of both, based on individual basis.

Trying to do this for SOME users SOME of the time is an issue.  You can get this working for SOME users ALL of the time by using either alternate extensions or call handlers in VM. Otherwise, you'd have to change the behavior globally by setting the system to use the last rather than first redirecting number for routing calls.

Hailey

so if i had an user that needed this all the time, i'd have to make them a call handler to a phantom vm/ext?

David

I bult a call handler and call forward to the Call handler, still recieved the first ext vm. what else do i need to do?

I wouldn't even go the Call Handler route if it were me.  The alternate extension setting is much easier.  On the mailbox that you are forwarding to, set an alternate extension of the number that is being forwarded.  Voila.  No muss, no fuss and 1 step.

To do the Call Handler, you would have to set the extension of the Call Handler as the extension of the user that is forwarding the call.  From there you'd have to use transfer options and/or message recipient options to point to the other mailbox.  

Hailey