cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send to Voice Mail After Hours

pbell
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Cisco Call Manager 8 - due for an upgrade sometime in 2016.  

Currently I have about lines that I need to be sent to voicemail after 6:00 PM.  No rings, just straight to voice mail.   I have a CTI route point that can send straight to VM with *XXXX. We are using Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging as our VM solution.

I don't know how to get the lines sent there after 6:00 PM. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So, you did the oposite from what I suggested, which is fine to, since you created schedule for opened hours instead of closed hours. One thing to keep in mind by doing this all calls to this extension will go to voicemail afterhours even internal calls, and since you added new operations partition to the actual phone DN you will need to make sure all CSSes that have access to phone partition need to be updated to include this new partition.

If you want to stay with this approch the last 2 steps are going to be:

1. assign this new parition to CSSes make sure it is listed ahead of the previous partition you were using
  2. create DN (unassigned or assign to CTI RP, CTI port) with the same number but in the non-ToD partition.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need to create time of day routing for that, basically have time period defined, applied to time schedule, then partition.  Then the same extensions would be assigned to this after-hours partition and set to forward all to VM, you can build CTI port, CTI RPs, or just DNs. Lastly the inbound CSS applied to incoming trunks would have this partition listed ahead of the open partition.

Ok, let me go in steps...

1. Time Period

2. Time Schedule

3.  Partition

4.  Assigned Phone

5.  What is the next step to make that Operations Partition forward to VM after hours?

So, you did the oposite from what I suggested, which is fine to, since you created schedule for opened hours instead of closed hours. One thing to keep in mind by doing this all calls to this extension will go to voicemail afterhours even internal calls, and since you added new operations partition to the actual phone DN you will need to make sure all CSSes that have access to phone partition need to be updated to include this new partition.

If you want to stay with this approch the last 2 steps are going to be:

1. assign this new parition to CSSes make sure it is listed ahead of the previous partition you were using
  2. create DN (unassigned or assign to CTI RP, CTI port) with the same number but in the non-ToD partition.

Would it be easier to change hours?  That's time big deal, since it said time of day start I just put the open hours.  Doesn't matter to me.

So, are you saying that I will have to have to DN's for every number that I want to do this? 

You can create multiple time periods and assign to one time schedule, for example 

time period 1 - 16:00-24:00

time period 2 - 24:00-7:30

then assign to the time schedule. This way you create closed times instead of opened times.

Awesome, so do I have to create two DN's for every number?

Correct.

I was hoping they could go in a pool... :-) 

You could try setting CTI Route Point with DN such as 5XXX (assuming 4 digit numbers starting with 5), not sure if Unity connection will match it to the proper voicemail user DN though. Should be an easy test.