cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting a background image on 8845 phones without CUCM

cainram
Level 1
Level 1

I have several Cisco 8845 phones which I have been able to configure for SIP accounts via XML and TFTP without CUCM. I would like to configure a custom background image. Is this possible without CUCM? Could someone point me in the right direction? All the instructions I'm finding use CUCM.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should be the same procedure as for CUCM, phones always look at their dedicated TFTP folder for the List.xml and the images. Have you already tried that?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply!

I suppose I could have actually done some work and tried something before whining about it, lol.

I was able to send the List.xml file and both png files. They are both 24 bit at 800x480 for the background and 139x109 for the thumbnail. I get the exclamation point triangle in the background selection page on the phone and the "Wallpaper cannot be set. Incompatible image size." message. I'm certain of the dimensions and bit depth.

Any suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: