Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Early Offer via CUBE

Carl Ratcliffe
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Support Community

I know about Early Offer but what I cant seem to find a definitive answer on is exactly which parts of the call leg between CUCM and the SIP provider do we need to configure SIP Early Offer because we have several places we can configure it.

• We can configure it on the CUCM SIP trunk connecting to the CUBE.
  • We can configure it globally on the CUBE.
  • We can configure it per dial peer on the CUBE.

So my question is, for calls originating from CUCM do we just configure the Early Offer on the CUCM SIP trunk and this passes through the CUBE to the SIP provider or do we also have to configure SIP Early Offer on the CUBE ? And vice versa, if the SIP provider sends Early Offer will this just be passed to CUCM or do we also need to configure the CUBE for Early Offer ?

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

Preston-Lancashire-England

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

there are 2 different call legs and you need to match each as you go along.

per dial peer only if you have more than one sip trunk provider that uses different settings

so if the provider supports early offer, you would put it globally on the cube in the voice service voip sip

your cube-cucm is a totally different call leg. cube you know supports early offer, so i would also put it on the cucm side.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

there are 2 different call legs and you need to match each as you go along.

per dial peer only if you have more than one sip trunk provider that uses different settings

so if the provider supports early offer, you would put it globally on the cube in the voice service voip sip

your cube-cucm is a totally different call leg. cube you know supports early offer, so i would also put it on the cucm side.

Hi Jeff and thanks for your response. So essentially to use Early Offer for both inbound and outbound calls you need to configure on the CUBE, on CUCM and the SIP provider also has to configure ?

What im still confused about is the codec negotiation in the Early Offer, if there are 2 call legs that are matched does this mean you could have Early Offer on 1 call leg and delayed offer on the other call leg ?

Does this also mean the SIP Provider > CUBE could negotiate 1 codec and the CUBE to CUCM could negotiate another codec ?

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

Preston-Lancashire-England

Yes, that's exactly what CUBE is for. My provider doesn't support early offer, but the leg between cucm and cube does, so it is turned on.