Helpful
Replies

SIP Phone 3905 not automatic change clock

iman.yuliarto
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a problem with a SIP 3905 phone.

I have changed the NTP server to Call Manager from Linux based on Cisco router. So the clock is to be synchronized to the new NTP server.

All other phones are synchronized with a new ntp server, but on SIP 3905 type clock is not synchronized to the new ntp server.

We need to reset settings from admin settings or manually plug-unplug the phone to update the clock.

The problem is we have more than 300 devices and it is not possible to reset the phone manually.

I have tried to Reset all phones from CUCM but have no impact on the clock.

Thanks for the solution. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Since the issue is not being resolved by a simple reset from CUCM , a shut / no shut would be the next best idea according to me. If possible you may also try a restart of the callmanager service on the server to which the phones are registered and the TFTP server to see if that helps.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the issue seems to be resolved by unplugging / plugging the phone back in then you can try a shut / no shut of the switchports to which the phones are connected and see if that helps.

Manish

Dear Manish Gogna,

yea.. If i try to shut / no shut of the switchport that solve the problem.. but we have 300+ switchport to shut / no shut..  maybe you have any great idea to solve this?

Thanks for answer

Since the issue is not being resolved by a simple reset from CUCM , a shut / no shut would be the next best idea according to me. If possible you may also try a restart of the callmanager service on the server to which the phones are registered and the TFTP server to see if that helps.

Manish