Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP phone name Change CME -Not getting updated

adipkottari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a minor issue with Sip phone configured in CME.  

Phone is getting registred but name is not getting updated.  if there is any fix for this issue, please advise. 

Phone Model : 7841 

===============================

CME config: 

voice register dn 15
number 714
call-forward b2bua busy 2220
call-forward b2bua noan 2220 timeout 30
name Adam B
label Adam B

voice register pool 15
busy-trigger-per-button 2
id mac 9C57.ADD3.6BF3
type 7841
number 1 dn 15
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml sip-notify
description 17561714
codec g711ulaw
paging-dn 20

=====================================

IOS version: 

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.3(3)M7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2016 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 28-Jan-16 04:40 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)M1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you try deleting the voice register dn and pool config, and re-configuring it. Most importantly run the command create profile under voice register global after this.

HTH
Regards
Abhay
Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Did you try deleting the voice register dn and pool config, and re-configuring it. Most importantly run the command create profile under voice register global after this.

HTH
Regards
Abhay
Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hello Abay,  

thanks for the quick update.  Here is the config of Voice register global, i see there is a "create profile sync 7253812449600524". Do i need to rewrite the same command?  and will this impact other phoned registered? .  

BTW, i have deleted and reconfigured the dn and pool config, just holding to execute the profile sync command.  kindly confirm

voice register global
mode cme
source-address 10.127.200.154 port 5060
timeouts interdigit 5
max-dn 80
max-pool 80
timezone 31
date-format D/M/Y
voicemail 2220
tftp-path flash:
create profile sync 7253812449600524
conference hardware

Hi,

For sip phones, you need to apply create profile command for any change you make on DN or Pool. The changes won't reflect automatically in the tftp file as in SCCP. You need to do this process manually and follow this with voice register pool x > restart.

This command will recreate the config file for all pools. Its safe one and shouldn't be an issue. Phones won't restart unless you apply restart command globally. Apply restart command to specifc pool to restart that phone only

Yes, create profile sync was done at Voice register global. Changes been
updated now.

Thanks a ton guys :)