Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk between two CUCM 8.6.2 clusters

TomLoos1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer setup which interconnects 2 CUCM clusters of version 8.6.2.

To interconnect, a standard SIP trunk (not an intercluster trunk) was built, which routes calls between both clusters.

Cluster A DNs: 4xxx

Cluster B DNs: 3xxx

Both clusters reside in the same geographical area, and each DN has a unique DID: 011 xx xxxx.

What Cluster A wants is to call a number in cluster B by calling 0 for outside line, followed by the rest of the DID (e.g. 0011 22 3344). The routing works just fine. The call is sent over the SIP trunk to cluster B, after the called number is being stripped of all but the last 4 digits.

What the calling party from Cluster A sees on his/her phone display when calling such a number is the called party DN (3xxx) + called party name (John Doe). This info gets updated on alerting, and again on connect.

What the calling party wants to see on his/her phone display as alerting/connected party is: 0011 22 3344, with the name being optional, but preferably also removed.

Since this is about transforming the connected party, and there is no CUBE involved, the options for doing this on the CUCM seem rather limited.

I'm sure I'm overlooking a graceful solution, so I'm turning to you guys..

Thanks in advance,

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tom,

Please check the following blog if it helps you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12726551/connected-number-display-phone

- Vivek

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tom,

Please check the following blog if it helps you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12726551/connected-number-display-phone

- Vivek

Thanks Vivek,

From your blog post, it seems the only solution would be to change the cluster-wide service parameter.