cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some 1 800 numbers fail when routed to an Avaya PBX

peyton.gwinn
Level 1
Level 1

So I ran into an issue where some 1800 numbers give a fast busy, while others work fine. The calls are routing from Call Manager, which is stubed of a

Avaya PBX system by an h323 trunk. All Calls go through an mtp for additional services such as MoH.

I have been testing with two numbers, 1-800-835-2227 (which works) and 1-800-529-1195 (which doesn't work from the cisco phones, but does work for avaya phones on the avaya pbx). When tracing the calls on the Avaya PBX , both call match the same route pattern and get routed out the same trunk.

We also have a remote location with cisco gateway configured for h323 with one pri circuit. For phones at that location I have configurd their css to route

1800 calls out that local gateway. Both numbers can be called on that circuit.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why one call would go through the Cisco/Avaya H323 Trunk and other would fail.

6 Replies 6

Edip Gumuskaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I remember a qsig deloyment with an Avaya with a similiar issue.

Avaya uses the 1000 number range somewhere in its system reserved for pickup.

I had consulted a the Avaya support guys, who informed me to use another set of numbers.

Try transforming the calling number.

Hope this helps.

Edip,

I sorry your response dosen't seem to make sense. The numbers I am refering to is 1-800-XXX-XXXX.(external)

I am routing them to the avaya PBX through h323 and always with a 9 attached, so the pattern goes to the ars table and

selects the correct route pattern and goes to the correct trunk. Some number goe through and som give the cisco phones

a fast bussy.

The best place to start would be to obtain "debug isdn q931" debugs from your local gateway connected to the qSIG whislt making the call. Can you output this?

Please read my post. There is no qsig. The trunk between Avaya and Cisco is H323. I can not debug something that does not exsit.

peyton.gwinn
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, I found my answer this morning. As I supected the call was timing out and giving a busy signal. So I enabled

H323 outbound FastStart for a quicker setup and the call does not time out, but goest through.

Well I though I found my answer, but when I enable h323 outbound faststart it broke calls to customers of a cell service provider.Started getting one-way audio issues with that customers of that provider. So I had to disable it to fix that, because there will be more complaints about the calls to customers of that cell service that the one 1-800 number that we know of.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: