Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH access to CP-7970G - SIP

MRP-BR
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I bought this used device and already managed to update its firmware to SIP, it's with version SIP70.9-2-1S, and it's working perfectly with Asterisk.

I would like to access the device via SSH. I've already done the configuration in SEPMAC.cnf.xml in two ways:

<device>
<fullConfig>true</fullConfig>
<deviceProtocol>SIP</deviceProtocol>
<sshAccess>0</sshAccess>
<sshUserId>cisco</sshUserId>
<sshPassword>cisco</sshPassword>

</device>

and so:

<device>

<vendorConfig>

<sshAccess>0</sshAccess>
<sshUserId>cisco</sshUserId>
<sshPassword>cisco</sshPassword>

</vendorConfig>

</device>

In the second case it looks like "work" better, when I try to connect to the device by PuTTY, the device requests the TFTP server file "<authorized_keys>" as there is, terminates the connection.

Connection received from 192.168.xxx.xxx on port 50626 [30/07 11:22:58.611]
Read request for file <authorized_keys>. Mode octet [30/07 11:22:58.611]
File <authorized_keys> : error 2 in system call CreateFile O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado. [30/07 11:22:58.627]

Do I need to create this file and make it available on the TFTP server? How do I create this file?

I appreciate the attention and help.

Marcio

================================= Message in my native language ===================================

Prezados,

Comprei esse aparelho usado e já consegui atualizar o firmware dele para SIP, está com a versão SIP70.9-2-1S, e está funcionando perfeitamente com o Asterisk.

Gostaria de acessar o aparelho por SSH. Já fiz a configuração no SEPMAC.cnf.xml de duas formas:

<CODE>

e assim:

<CODE>

No segundo caso parece que "funcionou" melhor, quando tento conectar ao aparelho pelo PuTTY, o aparelho requisita ao servidor TFTP o arquivo "<authorized_keys>", como não encontra, encerra a conexão.

<CODE>

Preciso criar esse arquivo e disponibiliza-lo no servidor TFTP? Como crio esse arquivo?

Agradeço a atenção e ajuda.

Marcio.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SSH to the phone, as far as I know, are two ways: 

• The "cisco/cisco" only allows "show" stuff.  
  • The "debug/debug" allows debug stuff.

The issue is that when I try to connect on the phone it looks for the file "authorized_keys" on the TFTP server, as the server doesn't have this file, the phone closes the connection.
As I understand it, I have to create this file it makes it available on the TFTP server. How do I create this file?

================================= Message in my native language ===================================

A questão é que quando tento conectar no telefone ele procura o arquivo "authorized_keys" no servidor TFTP, como o servidor não tem esse arquivo, o telefone encerra a conexão.
Pelo que entendi, tenho que criar esse arquivo ele disponibiliza-lo no servidor TFTP. Como crio esse arquivo?

I'd upgrade the phone's firmware first before continuing on.

What is the latest firmware version for this model?
Where can I download it? I didn't find it on the Cisco website.

Qual é a última versão do firmware desse modelo?
Onde posso fazer o download? Não encontrei no site da Cisco.

The last firmware for the 7970 is 9.4.(2)SR3. 

Because it is already past end-of-support date, all documentation and files (particularly firmware), have been removed from public-facing links. 

The only place to find the firmware is to use a search engine and find who is sharing it.  

I'm looking for it, but it's hard to find.
You wouldn't be able to tell me a link that has this firmware for download?

Estou procurando, mas é dificil encontrar.
Você não saberia me dizer um link que tenha esse firmware para download?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: