cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static on WebEx Conference Calls

mhoiles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have been experiencing static on WebEx Calls intermittently over the last two years or so from my home office (no CVO), just a regular DSL landline/internet. It comes and goes. Sometimes if I hang up and call the meeting myself (vs bridge calling me) this corrects the static, but not always the case. Verizon is the SP and has done a number of fixes to my jack (removing splitter) with two seperate plug-in's in my phone jack for internet and phone and placing a filter at the main box. Their "testing" of my line shows no issues. They have fiber optic lines running from the local sub-station to right across the street which switches over to copper for my community, so there are not miles and miles of copper lines. Additionally, no one here local can ever hear any static with my calls even when I am using both phone and internet over DSL. I and Verizon are at a loss for the fix so if anyone can share any best practices or information on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate. Additional note: I have had Verizon DSL since 2010 at this location and never had any problems until about 2 years ago (2014).

Thanks!

Melissa

0 Replies 0