Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 not connecting to CUCM via SIP

MastahBates
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having an issue connecting my SX10 to CUCM via SIP. I can connect other phones via SCCP but SIP seems to be having an issue. Registration = Unknown and IPv4 address = None however on the device I can see it has obtained an IP address successfully via DHCP.

Can anyone make any suggestions on what I should be looking for to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Follow the below link once and check the configuration

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/administration-guide/sx10-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

also check the below basic settings for sx10 and let me know if it helps
check the connectivity and make sure that the end point can reach CUCM.
ensure SIP is turned on under "Network Services", under SIP settings enter the system address in the "URI" field.
try changing the SIP port number manually to 5064 instead of 5060 next to the CM IP address in the endpoint webpage.

P.S Pls rate helpful post

Thank you for your reply. The administration guide you have sent does not seem to be geared towards configuration on CUCM -- or is that the point?

The settings you are referring to after the URL you have posted; are they to be checked on the SX10 itself? I have used the network packet capture on CUCM and I can see communication between the phone and CUCM but there is a line for TLSv2 -- could one of the two be trying to authenticate using certificates and the other not?

Has I have said in the original post a SCCP phone can register no problems so I would not suspect the underlying network being the issue; also the fact that I can see communication between CUCM and the SX10 also lends itself to this too.

Any more thoughts on this?

I have just tested Cisco IP Communicator in SIP mode connecting to CUCM and it works (albeit on a different VLAN but should not make much of a difference?).

I wonder what else I can try?