Helpful
Replies

System Call Handler not transferring to extension

jwebb4596
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity Connection Administration
Cisco Unity Connection version: 9.1.2.10000-10

I have a System Call Handler configured with a Transfer Rule to transfer a call to a particular extension during business hours (M-F, 8am-5pm). When I call the main number for that Call Handler, I still get the "phone tree" menu (press 1 for....press 2 for...).

The whole idea is to bypass the phone tree and have a live person answer the calls during buiness hours. Maybe I am trying to about this the wrong way

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I did a post on a similar scenario call handler a while ago

http://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/cisco-unity-connection-call-handlers.html

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you choose the hear nothing option for the call flow where you don't want to hear it??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

pxm69910
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The Customer care Unit has a hunt group set up for incoming line 8888. The caller has a choice of pressing a key for English, Spanish or Chinese. They can also leave a message for anyone of these three languages. We would like to add a fourth language, Japanese.

Can you please let me know how to add the New Language ?

Thanks,

Jones

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I did a post on a similar scenario call handler a while ago

http://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/cisco-unity-connection-call-handlers.html

Please rate if useful

Hello Dennis,

i have configured call handler by following your post. i configured key 1 to transfer the call to English language operator but when i press the key 1 the call in not forwarding to hunt pilot. its keep on saying the description(English operator is not available) which i gave to key 1. 

Thanks,

Jones

sounds like it is not hitting your call handler.

can you send us some screen shots of your set up?

Thanks

PLease rate is useful

Yes. I had CTI RP setup. I finally fixed it by going to my CTI Rp list, clicking on the extension that was setup as the CTI Rp, then scrolled down and in the Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings set the new destination in the Forward All Destination and selected my calling search space.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: