cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third party phones - corporate directory and CFD

Ivan Marinovic
Level 1
Level 1

When I add Third-party SIP phone (linksys spa 942) to Call manager (we have 7.1.5)  call forwards is not working. When I insert it via phone or via phone web interface it is not working... it seems it is not inserted in ->device-> phone-> Directory Number Configuration  ->Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings.

when I insert it through ccm ->device-> phone-> Directory Number Configuration  ->Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings it is working.

Can this be solved? is it possible to add CFD via Phone  and is there any way to see corporate directory on Third-party SIP phone?

Best regards,

Ivan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sip 3rd party phones only get basic call functionality, as they don't send the right messages for CUCM to understand how to use his features.

You'd need to find a way to configure the phone to point to the CUCM directory, and see if that works, I have no idea if it would be able to parse the directory script.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sip 3rd party phones only get basic call functionality, as they don't send the right messages for CUCM to understand how to use his features.

You'd need to find a way to configure the phone to point to the CUCM directory, and see if that works, I have no idea if it would be able to parse the directory script.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Risat
Level 3
Level 3

Did u find a way to get the corporate directory on the third party SIP phone

No, unfortunately I didn't have time to deal with this case any more.