cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

This expressway cluster is in a partitioned state

RL5901
Level 1
Level 1

We have not used our Expressways in a while. We have version 12.5.7.  I am tasked with getting them running again. When I gained access to the two Expressway-Cs I see a message:

Warning: This Expressway cluster is in a partitioned state. Do not make any configuration changes until the cluster is operating normally. See Clustering page.

When I go to the Clustering Configuration page I see the following:

Next to the primary...

RL5901_1-1666991023215.png

Next to the secondary...

RL5901_2-1666991042532.png

Both Expressway-Cs are on the configuration page. Cluster database status is "Active". Cluster Address Mapping is OFF. Both Expressway-Cs are accessible through the Admin Web GUI. 

I have been trying to find a reference to this message in documents online and have found none. Is anyone familiar with the message or what the instructions are to fix it? 

3 Replies 3

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you rebooted your secondary Exp C? A reboot usually clears these types of issues. 

I have tried both a restart and a reboot of the secondary Expressway-C and neither cleared the message. But I believe I might know what could be the problem. The Expressway-C secondary under Clustering shows "Certificate: Invalid" next to the Expressway-C primary, now (post reboot). 

@RL5901 

On the clustering page, can you set the "TLS Verification mode" to "Permissive" and reboot your expressway C cluster again? This way the peers won't check each other's certificates for clustering. 

If you do have a requirement to enable TLS between Exp C nodes, you will have to fix the certificate issues. When you generate a CSR, on each node, let the CN name be your Exp C cluster FQDN, and the Subject Alternate Name be the FQDN of your expressway C. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: