Views
Helpful
Replies

Time incorrect on one phone

Phillip Harding
Level 5
Level 5

All,

I have once Cisco 7962 IP phone that is showing the incorrect time however the date is correct.  I have verified the phone is in the correct device pool and ensured the the NTP servers are listed for each site correctly.  I reset the phone multiple times and the time is still approximately four hours off.  All of our phones at this site are using the EST time zone and no other phones are reporting the incorrect time.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks Phillip

4 Replies 4

maalvi
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please verify the phone load (firmware) of the phone to see if its correct?

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

NTP references are used only for SIP phones. They make no difference  for SCCP phones. The NTP reference for an SCCP will always be the  CUCMwhere they are registered.

Confirm about the firmware. At some point in CUCM 7X (7.1.3) we changed the configuration file structure to use an olso timezone model. Old firmware don't understand this new setup.

Whats the firmwa on the phone and the CUCM version?

Can you try selecting the same timezone difference like ( GMT -6) but choose one that has an * like character. These are kept for compatibility with old phone loads.

Thanks for your reply Robert we are using the latest firmware for the 7962G phone and ended up having to have the phone RMA'd yesterday as the phone was unresponsive after we did the factory reset as instructed by TAC.  The odd thing is that this is the only phone at this location we are experiencing this problem with.  Since the phone was not able to be upgraded after the factory reset.  We replaced the phone with a phone from a vacant office and now I am being told the time on the phone is still not correct and it was correct when the phone was assigned to another user "virtual office".  This is really strange.  Is there a setting in call manager that might be incorrect for this user?  When switching the phone I just changed the MAC address and reloaded the phone.  Please advise.  Thanks Phillip

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Please check the device pool from the phone. The only setting that impacts this is the call manager group, and this is assigned to the phone via the device pool.