cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer issue

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I'm running CUCM 8.5.1 with an 9971 phone with two expansion mods (receptionist's phone) and a 7925 wireless phone with the reception's extension.

If an inbound call needs to be transferred to a local extension, the transfer is normal:  Tranfer button, dial ext., tranfer button again.

But, there are a few translation patterns that translate a 4 digit extension to an outbound call (4 digit to 11 digit).  When you attempt to transfer to these numbers the process is this:   Transfer button, dial ext., wait a few seconds, press transfer softkey.

If you press the physical transfer button the second time on this the transfer will fail.

Now, the wireless phone is a bit different.  When you press transfer and dial the 4 digit for an extension that is translated the phone displays "cannot complete call" or something similar.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you check your MTP resources the phone is using (or not using).  When you hit the transfer key a second time, the call is temporarly placed on a MTP resource while it connects to another phone. Or MOH is failing for some reason.   Check RTMT for any errors with the IP voice media service.

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI

Can the CSS on the 7925 see the partition where the translations are built.

It also sounds to that you have some overlapping between the translation patterns and other devices etc.

You really should not need to wait at all as translations are permanently set to route urgent.

Rgards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

I'll check the the MTP.  I'm not sure about overlapping since straight calls to those translated numbers go right through.