cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trasferimento chiamata

nettuno8_20111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 8854 SIP IP phones, and I have a problem with call transfer. When an IP phone transfers a call and then I want to resume it, it doesn't resume it, how can I do it?

21 Replies 21

Hi,

If the call has been already transferred, there is no way to get it back.If you mean to resume a call while is waiting there could be a problem with the media resource. Can you please elaborate more what happens when you transfer a call?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

when I receive a call from phone (A) from phone (B) and I transfer it to phone (C) and no one answers on the phone (A) to which I transferred the call, the buttons at the bottom display resume and reject if I select one of the two and the phone somehow freezes and won't let me forward a call anymore, then when the phone (C) answers at that point the phone (A) is able to forward calls again.

Hi,

When a user wants to transfer a call and calls the destination user, when the remote phone rings the  softkey layout should present also a transfer button to perform a direct transfer. The softkey “reject “ that you mentioned, leads me to think that you are calling to a shared DN . Please let me know if the C user’s number is the same of one of the lines of the transferring phone .

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

When a user wants to transfer a call and calls the destination user, when the remote phone rings the softkey layout should also present a transfer button to perform a direct transfer. yes, in fact the direct transfer softkey comes out, after selecting the direct transfer softkey on the phone I get three softkeys and they are resume, new call, reject. the phone number (C) is not a shared number, the phone (A) only has a (DN), and I transfer the call via blf speed-dial, and the remote phone (C) has its own (DN) phone they are 8800 sip series

Ok.

Let’s try this

Receive a call on Phone A, put the call on hold and tap on New Call softkey and dial the C Phone.

Please note the softkeys in every step orr take a shot.

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Hi, the steps are these: The phone (A) receives the call from the phone (B) then I select the transfer button then I dial the number of the phone (C) the phone (C) rings but no one answers and from the phone (A) I select again the transfer button to confirm the transfer at that point on the phone (A) the number of the phone (B) appears which is in standby mode and I have the softkeys resume, new call, reject, . If I select resume the call that is on hold he doesn't take it and then the phone locks in the sense that when I pick up the phone the signaling tone is no longer heard and I can't call the other phones until the phone ( C) does not answer the call transferred from phone (A) at which point the phone (A) works again. Otherwise the phone (B) ended the call and at that point the phone (A) works again.

Hi,

You mentioned 8854 model but I guess you meant 8845.

I did a test for you and that's what should appear as softkey while transfer the call

I8865_Transfer.jpg

This is the default Softkey layout on transfer.

With the described softkeys maybe your phone is usign a custom template.

Can you please send a screen of what you see while transferring the call?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

IMG_3788.JPG

IMG_3790.JPG

Hi, yes, this actually happens in the call transfer but once I have transferred the call to the user (c) and he doesn't answer the call if I select the resume softkey it doesn't let me resume the call that I transferred and also on the IP phone to which I selected resume call the IP phone no longer works for me until the phone (c) answers the call and stops ringing.
a call that has been transferred to a user who does not answer, can the call be resumed?

Hi,

That's working as expected. Blind Transfer works in this way. If you receive a call , press transfer, dial the destination Extension and once it rings out, you press Transfer again, the call transfer is completed. A Call Consult Transfer,  instead, allows you to press transfer when receiving a call, press transfer, dial the destination Extension and wait that the called user answers to know if he wants to get the original call. If he accepts, you'll press Transfer Softkey again and the Call Transfer is completed. If he doesn't want to receive that call, you press "End Call" to terminate the call with this user and press "Resume" to retreive the original call.

The only way I see that could allow you to retreive a call after a blind transfer, is to configure a Call Pickup Group that allows you to retreive a transferred call to an unavailable User pressing "Pickup" if you are on the same Pickup Group , or Group Call Pickup followed by the Pickup Group  extension.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

hi how can I configure call forwarding so that I can resume the call without creating a call group?

Hi basically when I transfer a call I press transfer the phone I'm transferring the call rings if he answers I tell him if I can transfer the call to him if he doesn't want I end the call and resume the one I had to transfer and a transfer with conversation but I have a problem with a phone 8851 that when I transfer the call and the phone rings and no one answers, I resume transfer again and the transfer is complete but at that point if I want to resume it and I press resume but it doesn't let me resume it and on this problem I created a call group to resume it but as I said the phone 8851 does not have a complete transfer if I want to resume the call I press resume the phone at that point and as if it were blocked I cannot use it to make another call that is if I want to call a user the phone won't let me do it yes unlocks only when the call you transferred ends. What can I do about this problem?..

Hi,

Can I ask you to make a video of what happens with 8851?

It could be very helpful to understand better.

Thanks a lot 

Regards

Carlo