cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trying to create speed-dial/shortcut button

Peter Kim
Level 1
Level 1

in CUCM 9.1, I'm trying to setup a speed-dial/shortcut button for a external conference call that users often use.  We currently have a setup for another conference number using " * " button at the moment.  So, when user hit " * " button, it will dial external conference call number.  I was trying to do that using " # " button.  It seems I'm doing something wrong.  Any suggestion? 

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

nalonsopresidio
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Peter, are you trying to add a speed-dial to a hard key on a Cisco phone which begins with * or #, or you just want anyone with a phone to press * or # and dial a number? Either requires a match on your dial plan to match a string starting on * or # to route the call. You may already have a translation pattern matching the *number.

I'm trying to setup speed-dial using " # " key.  Anyone goes off hook and hit " # " key, it will dial external number automatically.  That's how it is setup fro " * " button at the moment.  I was trying to copy the config and I did.  It didn't work.  As soon as I hit " # " key, I get "your call cannot be completed as dial" message. 

Can you send us the route plan report screen shot starting with * or #?

Regards

Hi,

You need to create a translation pattern in CUCM to match '#'. Under the called party transformations, specify the conference external number in the called party transform mask.

The translation pattern should be assigned to a partition which can be accessed from your phones  and should have css to access your route pattern