Views
Helpful
Replies

typical setup of HQ and branches

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

can anyone tell me the typical structure of the cisco call manager phone system, and what the building blocks are, say I had a large HQ, with other large offices distrubuted around the world, what would need to be installed where? would I have the manin call manager in the HQ,and then gatekeepers around my other sites? do the gatekeepers get there config from the call manager?

please can someone explain on a simple scale ?

cheers

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your best source to answer these questions would be Communications Manager SRND Guide that provides details around such design. It really depends on where geographically the locations are, what is the bandwidth and latency from to these locations and exactly how many phones/users are located at each location.

Basically you may end up with one or multiple clusters, cluster can be split across WAN and remote subs can be deployed at large locations as long as sufficient bandwidth and latency are met (80 ms, 1.5 Mb).

Remote lcoations can be SRST sites where the remote GW can provide this functionallity for I belive up to 1500 phones on 3945E platform.

HTH,

Chris

so with regards to setup, what equipment would we be looking at? do you mean a cluster of call managers in the HQ? what are the remote subs? does the call manager control these ?

Are you looking to quote the solution or buy it?

Creating BOMs for such a solution can be complex and requires understanding of the solution and requirements. If you need to quote this and you are a Cisco partner you can contact PDI helpdesk for assistance with part numbers/netformix, etc. if you are looking to buy it I suggest you find local Cisco reseller (preferably GOLD to get better discount) and have them quote it, as it cost your nothing to do so.

HTH,

Chris 

hi there

it ws just a general question really, I have used other phone systems, for example the Siemens hi path, with remote ipda shelfs, the hi path controls the shelf, the remote shelf is used for pstn breakout etc, is this similar to the cisco solution? does the pstn/sidn breakout normally happen on a router ?

i just would like a simple explanation of a typical landscape, say 300 people in the remote offices with a 10 megabit line to the HQ,

hope this helps