Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 500 as voice gateway?

Hello everyone,

I have "possibly strange" request from client (never had to do it since now, so don't know if it's even possible) :

Is it possible to configure UC 500 as a voice gateway and have it registered to CUCM 8.6 as voice gateway.

They have CUCM at HQs and UC 500 at branch office site,

now they want to reconfigure UC  500  to act as voice gateway and have it registered on CUCM.

Is that possible?

Thank you all,

V

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe you can configure an h323 trunk from cucm to the uc500. So yes you may be able to use it as a voice gateway. Set it up as an h323 gateway on cucm

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

I need to clarify that although it might work, we won't support such scenario.

I had this question before, and since the UC500 is not sold as a voice GW, we won't support it being used as such.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe you can configure an h323 trunk from cucm to the uc500. So yes you may be able to use it as a voice gateway. Set it up as an h323 gateway on cucm

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I need to clarify that although it might work, we won't support such scenario.

I had this question before, and since the UC500 is not sold as a voice GW, we won't support it being used as such.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime for clarification, actually that was the answer I was looking for, keywords

"we won't support such scenario"

and thank you aokanlawon It's good to know if you want it for lab or testing purposes.

cheers

V