cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC on UCS Upgrade or Migrate?

mtmachen
Level 1
Level 1

All, I am beginning my plans to move our 8.5 UCM system to UCS.  I have a  single cluster with approximately 15 sites all using TEHO, SRST, MGCP,  etc.  I know the simplest would be to Backup and Restore but I am taking this opportunity to utilize enhanced dial-plan (e.164 + dialing, local  route group) and to clean up previous admins complicated mess.  I'm  thinking migration may be the best way to do this and migrate each site  to the new system instead of trying to clean up the dial plan on a  production system.  there are pros and cons to both so let me know what  you think.

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I have similar situation as you and have decided to go with the bridge upgrade option because i have to migrate CCX ad QM at the same time.

The Pros to me:

- quick flash cutover for all 30 sites at once.

- u retain the same ip addr for ur cucm nodes - u don't hv to worry about adjusting ur acl or qos statements

- effort wise bridge upgrade is much cheaper than clean rebuild

The Cons are:

- i had to lab everything then tear it down and do it for real.

- all the mess gets copied across

If u haven't had CCX or QM to deal with then bridge upgrade is quite straight fwd.

Kind regards - Daniel

Daniel

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

I have similar situation as you and have decided to go with the bridge upgrade option because i have to migrate CCX ad QM at the same time.

The Pros to me:

- quick flash cutover for all 30 sites at once.

- u retain the same ip addr for ur cucm nodes - u don't hv to worry about adjusting ur acl or qos statements

- effort wise bridge upgrade is much cheaper than clean rebuild

The Cons are:

- i had to lab everything then tear it down and do it for real.

- all the mess gets copied across

If u haven't had CCX or QM to deal with then bridge upgrade is quite straight fwd.

Kind regards - Daniel

Daniel

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App