Views
Helpful
Replies

UCL Licensing

oliver671
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question that is been taking a while and my vendors cannot answer.

VOICE System

MCS7835I3-K9-CMD1     Unified CM 8.0 7835-I3 Appliance

MCS7825I4-K9-UCB1      Cisco Unity Connection 7.1 MCS 7825 IBM Appliance

Phones – 3 phones per user (room), 170 admin phones

Admin:

170 x admin – CP-7945G=             Cisco UC Phone 7945, Gig Ethernet, Color, spare

170 x L-LIC-UWL-STD-ADD                            Standard UWL license

Room:

675 x      CP-7945G=          Cisco UC Phone 7945, Gig Ethernet, Color, spare (primary)

675 x      CP-7942G=          Cisco UC Phone 7942, spare

675 x      CP-6901-C-K9=  Cisco UC Phone 6901, Charcoal, Standard handset

675 x      LIC-CUCM-USR-A             Unified Communications Manager Enhanced Single User-Under 1K (for primary)

1350 x   LIC-ADJ-USR-AUDVID    Adjunct license for 1 audio or video Endpoint or Softclient (for the two other phones)

What is part number for the license for 675 primary users to have license for a unity mailbox? Is it covered already?

1 Reply 1

marcbutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You probably already have an answer to this.  But the answer to your questiion is twofold?

Firstly, the LIC-UWL-STD-ADD is a part code to add STD CUWL licensing for 170 to an already existing CUWL deployment.  Within CUWL STD, licensing, it includes the license (in this case 170 of them) for a user's mailbox, whether that is Unity or Unity Connection (that would normally be specificed underneath this top level part code).  Essentially, the cost of the mailbox is included within the overall cost of the CUWL license.

Secondly, you have UCL licensing for 675 users.  UCL only covers licensing for CUCM.  Unlike CUWL, UCL does not include the licenses for any mailboxes.  Therefore, you would need to determine what your existing voicemail application is (Unity or Unity Connection), dtermine the version and then specify the correct upgrade part code for those number of mailboxes.

But I would make sure first how your cluster is currently licensed.  There seems to be a couple of anomalies before you purchase the above.  It may not all work as you expect (or perhaps you might be spending money unnecessarily - never good!)